Assignment 1: Positive Social Change
In this Assignment you will discuss how furthering your nursing education, with a focus on social change, will enhance your current practice and supports your future
Nursing, at its very core, is a profession rooted in social change and growth. As a nurse returning to school to further your education, you can learn to enhance your practice to become a “Walden Scholar of Change.” The nursing professional holds a responsibility to serve the interests of people and society. As part of this responsibility, nurses are bound by Nursing’s Social Policy Statement. Consider how your own professional practice can expand in shaping the future of nursing, improving the profession, and enhancing the quality of the health care that nursing delivers.
- Review the Week 6 Required Reading and Media Resources.
- Read the Week 6 Assignment Rubric, provided in the Course Information area.
- Go to the Writing Resources tab to download the SON Writing Template to format your paper. There you will also find APA-related resources.
- Find at least one current Walden Library article to support your scholarly opinions in the paper.
Assignment: 2-to-3-page Paper
- In this Assignment you will discuss how furthering your nursing education, with a focus on social change, will enhance your current practice and supports your future career planning. Nursing’s Social Contract entails expectations between the nursing profession and society to elevate the health of society.
- Choose 2 of Nursing’s Social Contract elements and discuss how they are foundational to your nursing practice. Elements include caring service; privacy of the patient; knowledge, skill, and competence; hazardous service; responsibility and accountability; progress and development; ethical practice; collaboration; promotion of the health of the public; etcetera.
- Address your future career planning. How do you intend to make a difference by confronting a current challenge in health care where you live, in your profession, or on a global scale?
- Support your responses with at least two scholarly sources from the Learning Resources and/or outside sources. Reference in proper APA format.
Before you submit your final paper for grading, submit it to the Safe Assign Draft area of the course. Use the information provided in the Originality Report (Walden University, n.d.) to revise your paper. Paraphrasing and citing your sources in-text will decrease the similarity score. Go to Academic Integrity to learn how to interpret your originality score. Revise your paper before submitting it to Week 6 Assignment within the course.
By Day 7
Submit your paper.
Submission and Grading Information
To submit your completed Assignment for review and grading, do the following:
- Please save your Assignment using the naming convention “WK6Assgn1+last name+first initial.(extension)” as the name.
- Click the Week 6 Assignment 1 Rubric to review the Grading Criteria for the Assignment.
- Click the Week 6 Assignment 1 link. You will also be able to “View Rubric” for grading criteria from this area.
- Next, from the Attach File area, click on the Browse My Computer button. Find the document you saved as “WK6Assgn1+last name+first initial.(extension)” and click Open.
- If applicable: From the Plagiarism Tools area, click the checkbox for I agree to submit my paper(s) to the Global Reference Database.