Assignment 1: Impact of Nurses On Health Care Quality
Write a one-page response to the article that you selected from the Walden Library. Precisely format your paper using the CON Writing Template provided
It is important for nurses to stay abreast of current issues and trends in our field. Use this Assignment as an opportunity to develop or enhance your expertise on a topic that interests you.
Also, this Assignment introduces you to the Walden Library. The Library is an invaluable resource for discovering nursing and health care–related databases and professional articles.
- Review the Week 3 Assignment 1 Rubric, provided in the Course Information area.
- Explore the Writing Resources tab on the left- hand menu. Review the following areas in the tab:
- Download the CON Writing Template
- Review instructions on how to submit your assignment draft to SafeAssign Drafts and Grammarly
- Access the Walden Library and its nursing databases.
- Use the Walden Library to search for an article (published in the last 5 years) related to how the ANCC Magnet Model impacts nurses, their nursing care, and/or health care quality.
Article Response Assignment
Write a one-page response to the article that you selected from the Walden Library. Precisely format your paper using the CON Writing Template provided in the Writing Resources tab including an introduction, body, and summary (conclusion).
As you reflect on the findings in your chosen article, consider how the findings compare to your own professional nursing experience with Magnet, or, if you have no personal experience with Magnet, your thoughts concerning Magnet:
- Paraphrase and integrate information from the article into paper.
- Consider factors or principles from the article that hold true for or resonate with you.
Utilize the Writing Resources tab where you will find support to guide you through the process of paraphrasing, and citing and referencing per APA. The Week 3 Assignment Rubric will keep you on track. Remember to use Grammarly to check your writing for errors before submitting your assignment.
Have fun writing your first paper!
Submit your Assignment by Day 7.
Submission and Grading Information
To submit your completed Assignment for review and grading, do the following:
Prior to submitting your assignment for grading, upload your assignment to the SafeAssign Draft area of the course. Review your SafeAssign results, and revise your assignment as needed. You may need to work on properly paraphrasing material to improve your SafeAssign Score. Consider using this week’s Writing Center Course Resources to guide you through the process of paraphrasing and referencing evidence from your article. Once you are satisfied with the integrity of your assignment, submit it for grading.
- Please save your Assignment using the naming convention “WK03Assgn1+last name+first initial.(extension)” as the name.
- Click the Week 3 Assignment 1 Rubric to review the Grading Criteria for the Assignment.
- Click the Week 3 Assignment 1 link. You will also be able to “View Rubric” for grading criteria from this area.
- Next, from the Attach File area, click on the Browse My Computer button. Find the document you saved as “WK03Assgn1+last name+first initial.(extension)” and click Open.
- If applicable: From the Plagiarism Tools area, click the checkbox for I agree to submit my paper(s) to the Global Reference Database.
- Click on the Submit button to complete your submission.