What is the WTO and what is its history?
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas:
Dispute settlement is the focus of the World Trade Organization (WTO) and the way that the organization keeps the global economy stable.
- What is the WTO, and what is its history?
- What are the benefits of being a member of the WTO?
- What are the disadvantages?
- How does it settle disputes?
Choose a recent dispute between 2 countries, and discuss it with your peers. Include the following:
- Summary of what happened
- How it was resolved
- Role played by the WTO
- Do you agree with the resolution?