Select a child or adolescent client whom you observed or counseled this week. Then address the following in your Practicum Journal
Assignment: Practicum – Week 9 Journal Entry (Due in Week 10)
- Develop diagnoses for clients receiving psychotherapy*
- Analyze legal and ethical implications of counseling clients with psychiatric disorders*
The Assignment related to this Learning Objective is introduced this week and submitted in Week 10.
Select a child or adolescent client whom you observed or counseled this week. Then address the following in your Practicum Journal:
- Describe the client (without violating HIPAA regulations) and identify any pertinent history or medical information, including prescribed medications.
- Using the DSM-5, explain and justify your diagnosis for this client.
- Explain any legal and/or ethical implications related to counseling this client.
- Support your position with evidence-based literature.