Scientists perform an experiment in which they create an artificial cell with a selectively permeable membrane through which only water can pass
- In previous units, you learned that a word ending in the suffix -ase is often an enzyme. Some snake venom contains the enzyme phospholipase. This enzyme is dangerous to human cells because it would break down the:
- Consider a cell is in a solution containing 1% NaCl, 5% glucose, and 94% water. The interior of the cell contains .5% NaCl, 0% glucose and 99.5% water. The cell membrane is impermeable to NaCl. What will have to occur in order for equilibrium to be established?
|Water will move out of the cell.|
|Water will move into the cell.|
|NaCl will move into the cell.|
|Water and glucose will move into the cell.|
|Water and NaCl will move into the cell.|
- What process occurs when a white blood cell “eats” a bacterium?
- Scientists perform an experiment in which they create an artificial cell with a selectively permeable membrane through which only water can pass. They inject a 7 M solution of glucose into the cell and then place the cell into a beaker of pure water. After an hour, what effect do you expect to observe?
|Water moves out of the cell|
|Glucose moves out of the cell|
|No net change in cell weight|
|Water moves into the cell|
|Glucose moves into the cell|
- The interlocking mechanism of a Zip-Lock bag that blocks substances from leaving the bag, would most closely resemble which of the following cell junctions?
- Match the following cell structure to the correct definition.
- You found an organism in your yard and you are trying to figure out what type of organism it is. First, you have to determine if it is a eukaryote or a prokaryote. What characteristics would you look for to classify your organism?Your response must be at least 75 words in length.
QUESTION 810 points
- Pretend you determined the organism in the previous question was a eukaryote. Explain how you would determine if the organism is a plant or animal?Your response must be at least 75 words in length. 10 points
- Before people started questioning what they saw, it was assumed that since frogs hop out of ponds, frogs must come from mud. We now know this is a myth. Use your knowledge of the cell theory to explain why this is a myth.Your response must be at least 75 words in length.
Place your order now for the similar assignment and get fast, cheap and best quality work written by our expert level assignment writers.