On the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) website select a topic either related to your DPI Project or aligned with the type of project you are exploring
The purpose of this assignment is to critically appraise a gap between research findings and the implementation of those findings into practice.
In 2009, upon noticing a dearth of evidence-based decisions in health care settings, the Institute of Medicine set a goal to substantially increase the number of clinical decisions supported by timely and relevant evidence over the following decade. Bridging the gap between research findings and practice implementation was a key strategy the IOM utilized to make this goal more achievable. Relying on the best evidence allows health care practitioners to deliver quality and appropriate patient care while helping to improve the nation\’s health.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Review the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) website to complete the assignment.
- Use at least two additional scholarly research sources published within the last 5 years. Provide citations and references for all sources used.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please Review the rubric prior to the beginning to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
On the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) website select a topic either related to your DPI Project or aligned with the type of project you are exploring. Select a specific topic where there exists a gap between research findings and the implementation of those findings into practice. In a 1,000-1,250-word paper, address the following:
- Introduce the topic, present supporting research findings, and discuss the desired outcomes of putting that research into practice.
- Assess to what extent the practice is being implemented.
- Evaluate possible barriers to implementation into practice.
- Propose ways to overcome the barriers.
- Discuss the resources available on the selected site to inform the transition from research into practice.
Portfolio Practice Immersion Hours:
Practice immersion assignments are based on your current course objectives and are intended to be application-based learning using your real-world practice setting. These assignments earn practice immersion hours and are indicated in the assignment by a Portfolio Practice Immersion Hours statement which reminds you, the learner, to enter in a corresponding case log in Typhon. Actual clock hours are entered, but the average hours associated with each practice immersion assignment is 10.
You are required to complete your assignment using real-world application. Real-world application requires the use of evidence-based data, contemporary theories, and concepts presented in the course. The culmination of your assignment must present a viable application in a current practice setting. For more information on parameters for practice immersion hours, please refer to DNP resources in the DC Network.