Imagine yourself assuming a leadership role in your current organization or in the organization that handled a disaster
Personal Decision-Making Strategy
You will encapsulate what you have learned about leadership and about yourself throughout this course. Before you begin, reflect on all the assignments in the course.
Imagine yourself assuming a leadership role in your current organization or in the organization that handled a disaster. Develop a decision-making plan to share with current leaders in your organization, or the leaders involved with the event. Your plan should demonstrate how you could serve as an effective leader within an organization or during such an event. Your plan must include the following components:
- Describe the leadership role, including its responsibilities.
- Provide a breakdown of the decision-making process(es) required. Include at least one diagram to illustrate this analysis.
- Assess additional factors that might affect this leadership role, such as policies, external agencies/organizations, employee motivation, communication strategies, team-building needs, relationship-building needs, individual differences (e.g., emotions, attitudes, values), and training.
- Outline your decision-making approach.
- Hypothesize the implications that your plan may have on future organizational problems/challenges/opportunities.
- Use theories from this course to support your plan.
Keep in mind that this decision-making plan should reflect your capabilities as an individual and as a leader. It should also synthesize leadership and decision-making knowledge acquired in this course.