As Dr. Rempher and Ms. Manna discussed this week, data from the NDNQI is used to improve nursing practices and support the strategic outcomes of an organization. This data is also used to create the Dashboard. The Dashboard, then, is used to create an action plan. Correctly interpreting information presented on the Dashboard provides nurses with a better understanding of the goals of the action plan.
For this Assignment, use the Dashboard located in this week’s Resources, to interpret the data and frame a nursing plan based on best practices.
- Review the Week 5 Assignment Rubric, provided in the Course Information area.
- Review the Week 4 Resources that pertain to the NDNQI and use of dashboards
- Choose a Nurse-Sensitive Quality Indicator that needs improvement based on the data presented in the Dashboard. Reflect on how you would develop a nursing plan with suggestions on how to improve performance in the chosen area.
- Develop a nursing plan that outlines suggestions on how to improve performance in the chosen area.
- Provide at least three best practices from evidenced-based literature to support your nursing plan.
- Draft a 3- to 4 page paper analyzing areas where there is good performance and areas of opportunity from the sample Dashboard.
- Analyze the data provided in the Dashboard and select an area of performance that needs improvement. Include information on why this area was chosen.
- Develop a nursing plan that includes suggestions on how to improve performance on the selected indicator. Be sure to provide at least three best practices from the evidenced-based literature to support your suggested nursing plan.
- Be sure to include an introduction and conclusion in your paper.
This Assignment is due on Week 5 Day 7. It will be assessed using the Week 5 Assignment Rubric.
- Use the Walden University course paper template found in the Writing Resources tab.
Note that no abstract or running head is required.