Week 7 Discussion – Enhancing the Sustainability of EBP Initiatives
Discuss an EBP initiative that was implemented in a health care setting (use fictitious names for people and places) and whether it was successful or not sustainable, with rationale. Choose one of four models of organizational change (Melnyk , Chap. 15, pp. 432-437) that you would use in an advanced nursing role to enhance sustainability of EBP initiatives.
Part 3: Literature Review and Critical Appraisal
This week’s first assignment is STEP 3 – Literature Review and Critical Appraisal.
The student will complete the following items and submit a Word doc to the assignment link.
- Provide a title that conveys or describes the assignment.
- Literature Review – Provide the key terms used to guide the search for the evidence and provide at least five (5) summaries of research studies to support the evidence.
- Critical Appraisal of Literature – Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of the evidence, what is known from the evidence and any gaps in knowledge from the research evidence.
- References – Cite a minimum of five scholarly references in APA 7th ed format.
- Due: Monday, 11:59 pm PT
- Format: Completed paper with references in APA 7th ed. format
- File name: Save the file with Student First Name_Last Name_Part 3
See USU NUR Writing Assignment Rubric for additional details and point weighting.
Reflection in Action Paper
The purpose of Reflection-in-Action is to reflect upon what one has learned or how one has performed as compared with one’s expectations or goals. This assignment will provide an opportunity for students to share their experiences, thoughts, feelings and learning moments from this course.
Self understanding through reflection on life experiences, feelings, etc., is a core concept in Dr. Jean Watson’s Theory of Human Caring.
The Reflection for this course must address at least three (3) of the following topics:
- Learning moments or activities from this course
- Thoughts on evidence-based practice
- Evidence supporting Jean Watson’s Theory of Human Caring
- Ethics in research
- Protecting human subjects in quality improvement or evidence-based practice projects
- Understanding or comfort level with statistics in nursing research and other research reports
- Perception of MSN graduates’ role in nursing research
- Creating and sustaining an Evidence-Based nursing environment
- Asking compelling, clinical questions
- Lessons learned while conducting evidence-based literature review
- Due: Monday, 11:59 pm PT
- Length: A minimum of two and maximum of four pages (excluding the title and reference pages). Submissions not meeting the minimum and maximum page requirements will receive a grade of zero.
- Format: Formal paper, APA 7th ed format for body of paper and all citations.
See USU NUR Reflective Journal Rubric for additional details and point weighting.