Assignment 1: Health Promotion Theory Paper (25 points)
Theories provide a foundation or framework for the understanding and application of complex concepts. Theories of health promotion
provide an understanding of the motivation or self-efficacy of health care seeking behaviors for individuals, groups or populations.
Health promotion models help healthcare professionals in conducting community needs assessments or developing and evaluating
health promotion activities.
For this assignment, develop a scholarly paper that includes the following criteria:
1. Describe the differences between health education and health promotion.
2. Describe a community-based health promotion program.
a. For example: Million Hearts, Healthy People 2030, WHO, United States Preventative Services (USPTF., Special
Olympics ,Fit5 program, YMCA, YWCA, Alcoholic Anonymous, A, Silver Sneakers, cardiac rehabilitation,
diabetes support groups, Grief Support, Mental Health.
3. Determine and discuss a health promotion model or theory that could be applied to the selected community-based health
4. Identify one health disparity and describe how the health promotion model or theory could be implemented in your chosen
community-based health promotion program.
5. Identify one social determinant of health and describe how the health promotion model or theory could be implemented in
your chosen community-based health promotion program.
6. The scholarly paper should be in narrative format, 3 to 4 pages excluding the title and reference page.
7. Include an introductory paragraph, purpose statement, and a conclusion.
8. Include level 1 headings to organize the paper.
9. Write the paper in third person, not first person (meaning do not use ‘we’ or ‘I’) and in a scholarly manner. To clarify: I,
we, you, me, our may not be used. In addition, describing yourself as the researcher or the author should not be used.
10. Include three professional peer-reviewed scholarly journal references to support the paper (review in Ulrich Periodical
Directory) and be less than five (5) years old.
11. APA format is required (attention to spelling/grammar, a title page, a reference page, and in-text citations).
12. Submit the assignment to Turnitin prior to the final submission, review the originality report, and make any needed
[ANSWERED] Create your own script for building a health history and use the Health History Template for guidance (consider the type of language you would use to help your patient be more comfortable).