Creating a budget for your project is an essential and often under estimated core skill. Learners often do not see the hidden costs of their DPI Project and later find the organization must incur unexpected expense, which creates unintended barriers to completion of the project.
During this exercise, you will create a budget with senior leaders as the intended audience, and this budget will be embedded in your final DPI Project manuscript. Some considerations include the use of historical data, average salary for job codes, leveraging experts in your organization, and gathering data around supply cost and usage.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic and at least one in-text citation from each source.
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- You are not required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
- Upload both parts to the assignment dropbox.
Create a detailed project budget using the \”DNP-840 DPI Project Budget\” template.
Write a paper (750 words maximum) that describes budget considerations for your DPI Project as presented on the completed \”DNP-840 DPI Project Budget\” template (Part 1). In addition, explain each of the following:
- Direct and indirect costs
- Fixed and variable costs
- Labor and materials
- Equipment and space
- License and miscellaneous expense
- Explain the importance of a budget for senior leadership roles
- Why is the budget needed for a quality improvement process change?
- How does the DPI project impact the organizational budget?
Portfolio Practice Hours:
It may be possible to earn portfolio practice hours for this assignment. Enter the following after the References section of your paper:
Practice Hours Completion Statement DNP-840