Comparing Humanistic-Existential Psychotherapy with Other Approaches
- Review the humanistic-existential psychotherapy videos in this week’s Learning Resources.
- Reflect on humanistic-existential psychotherapeutic approaches.
- Then, select another psychotherapeutic approach to compare with humanistic-existential psychotherapy. The approach you choose may be one you previously explored in the course or one you are familiar with and especially interested in.
In a 2 page paper, address the following:
1. Briefly describe humanistic-existential psychotherapy and the second approach you selected.
2. Explain at least three differences between these therapies. Include how these differences might impact your practice as a PMHNP.
3. Focusing on one video you viewed, explain why humanistic-existential psychotherapy was utilized with the patient in the video and why it was the treatment of choice.
4. Describe the expected potential outcome if the second approach had been used with the patient.
5. Support your response with specific examples from this week’s media and at least three peer-reviewed, evidence-based sources. Explain why each of your supporting sources is considered scholarly.
6. Attach the PDFs of your sources.